Bertling specialises in the safe, effective and timely delivery of specialist cargo to challenging or remote locations, whether across difficult terrains or seas.
Friedrich Heinrich Bertling founded Bertling more than 155 years ago, as a company which owned and operated ships in order to provide transport links throughout Scandinavia and the Baltic Seas. From this simple beginning, Bertling has grown into a global company and has established a reputation for excellence in the fields of ship owning, chartering, transport logistics and project freight management.
Today, Bertling employs over 700 people in its organisation, providing expertise in ship broking, freight forwarding and naval architecture, supported by in house IT, legal and accountancy departments.
Shipping & chartering services
- ship owning and operating (Bertling Fleet)
- chartering and voyage management
- sale and purchase services
- newbuilding management and consultancy
Logistics & project freight forwarding services
- Freight Forwarding Services for all Modes of Transportation (air/sea/road/rail)
- Door to Door Service inclusive Customs Clearance
- Sea Freight including Breakbulk, RoRo, Charter, FCL and LCL Traffic
- Warehouse Services - Packing/Unpacking/Material Control/Consolidation & Deconsolidation
- Project Logistics Services
- Transportation of Extra-large/Over dimensional/Heavy Lift Cargoes
- Heavy Lift Engineering
- HSSE and QM trained Operators
- Feasibility Studies, Route & Port Surveys
- Risk Management
- Transport Insurance
- IT Services - Tracking and Tracing/Reporting
IT services & solutions
- Software development and solutions (e.g. web-based Tracking & Tracing Applications)
- Expertise in logistics and transportation IT requirements
- Tailor-made EDI services & concepts
- Business process optimisation
- Consultancy services for hardware- and software procurement
- Network and infrastructure setup and maintenance
- IT security and compliance solutions
Website l Linkedin 'People'