Statkraft is a leading company in hydropower internationally and Europe's largest generator of renewable energy. The Group produces hydropower, wind power, solar power, gas-fired power and supplies district heating.
Statkraft is a global company in energy market operations with 3500 employees in 16 countries.
- The majority of Statkraft's energy production is generated through hydropower. Production takes place in 331 hydropower plants – 231 in Norway, 59 in Sweden, 10 in Germany, three in the United Kingdom and 35 outside Europe.
- The company have three wind power plants in Norway. They also have four in the UK, four in Sweden and four outside Europe. In addition the company are developing several wind power projects in Sweden and UK.
- Statkraft currently has a total of 31 district heating plants and biomass power plant.
- The company operate four gas-fired power plants in Germany and have shareholdings in two other plants.
- Statkraft strive to research and develop new sources of energy.