The Atlantic Council promotes constructive leadership and engagement in international affairs based on the Atlantic Community’s central role in meeting global challenges. The Council provides an essential forum for navigating the dramatic economic and political changes defining the twenty-first century by informing and galvanizing its uniquely influential network of global leaders. The Atlantic Council—through the papers it publishes, the ideas it generates, the future leaders it develops, and the communities it builds—shapes policy choices and strategies to create a more free, secure, and prosperous world.
Key challenges for The Atlantic Council include:
- Managing a new era of major-power competition.
- Strengthening open market democracies.
- Redefining and reinvigorating the US role in the world.
- Reinvigorating our rules-based global order.
- Harnessing emerging technologies for good.
- Advancing global resilience through climate-change mitigation and adaptation, and by addressing migratory and public-health challenges.
The Atlantic Council’s Board of Directors is a distinguished group of policy influencers and business leaders who are committed to aiding the Council in its mission of working alongside global allies and partners to shape the future in face of growing global challenges.